Monday, December 20, 2010

The Real Meaning of Christmas


Ever since I was a child I have always loved Christmas. It is not just because of Santa and the presents but because everywhere I go people always look so happy. Everyone is greeting each other and everyone does a lot of good deeds for each other. The decorations on the houses and the buildings make everyone cheer up. Christmas is all about making each other feel good.
 Even so, I am sad that this Christmas spirit does not happen in the other months of the year. Why does it only have to be December? Why not be a good and cheerful person everyday? I think that the real meaning of Christmas is being good to others all year round. Christmas is not just about the season but about every moment of your life.
I think a lot of people will have very sad Christmases this year. I was watching the news and learned about many tragedies this December, like the Vizconde family who did not get justice, the many families whose houses burned in Taguig, and the loved ones of the Maguindanao Massacre who still do not get justice as well. All of these people need as much love from others, and Christmas is the perfect time to start showing them compassion and start being good to them for the rest of the year.
It is only a Merry Christmas if we help each other out, so go out and help your neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment