Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Christmas Time.. It's MMFF time for Filipinos


Metro Manila Film Festival happens every 25th of December and lasts until the first week of January.  It is an event wherein only Filipino movies are shown in all cinemas nationwide.  Movie directors look forward to this event and they really work hard for their movies.  Not all movies are qualified to be a part of this event.  The board only chooses 8 movies.

(clockwise from the upper left) RPG Metanoia, Father Jejemon, Dalaw, Ang Tanging Ina Mo Rin (Last na To!), Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote, Super Inday and the Golden Bibe, Shke Rattle & Roll XII, Rosario


After watching all the trailers, these are my comments:
 RPG Metanoia - The animation is definitely good.  It could pass as a Pixar film.  But I did not really get the story presented in the trailer.  I hope this will do well, because I believe that it took a lot of effort to make this.


 Father Jejemon-  First thing I noticed was Dolphy.  He really looks old in this film and it is distracting for me.  It looks like a low budget film and the story looks too simple.  I think that this movie is not MMFF worthy.  But I think people will watch this because Dolphy is in it.


 Dalaw- Some scenes were too dark, they should have fixed the lighting because I could just see their faces sometimes.  The trailer achieved it's goal which is to scare the audience.  And I think that this will do good because Kris Aquino horror films are promising.


 Ang Tanging Ina Mo Rin (Last na 'To!)- This is the final installment of Tangina Ina.  It looks like a chill movie.  By chill movie, I mean that people would wanna see this come Christmas, because it will give them a good laugh.  All other installments of Tanging Ina proved to be a success because of the tandem of Eugene Domingo and Ai Ai Delas Alas.


 Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote- The tandem of Bong Revilla and Vic Sotto is new, and based on the trailer I think that they really did a good job.  On the other hand, the special effects in this film can still be improved.  The  fight scenes look choreographed when it should look realistic.  But there is humor in this film which I know that Filipinos will enjoy.


 Super Inday and the Golden Bibe- Marian Rivera is the lead actress in this movie but I think that Pokwang is overshadowing her.  Jake Cuneca on the other hand is the lead actor, but I barely noticed him in the trailer.  The trailer was kinda long, they could have shortened it.  There is humor in this film which again I think that the Filipinos will enjoy.


 Shake, Rattle & Roll XII- First thing that I would like to commend in this trailer was the font that they used.  It added to the horror effect to the audience.  A lot of good actors and actresses in this film.  Like Dalaw, this trailer was able to give a scare to the audience.  There is always a Shake, Rattle & Roll entry in the MMFF.  And they always do well because they have proved to be a quality horror film.  Which is why I think that people would see this one.


 Rosario- The trailer was unique compared to all the other trailers.  This one had no dialogue in it, it only showed clips of the film with a background music.  It helped emphasized the drama theme of the story.  Jennylyn Mercado's acting looks really promising.  It is the only movie in this year's MMFF that is in the drama genre, which I think will give the film an advantage

I think this year's entries are great and I encourage people to watch and support these films.  It is a Christmas tradition here in the Philippines, and it gives Christmas color and excitement.  The Philippine movie industry needs our support, so let us all hit the cinemas this Christmas break and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment