Monday, December 13, 2010

Movie Review: My Amnesia Girl


As much as possible, I wanna write movie reviews that are current.  I was in the mall, figuring out what movie to watch.  The movie choices during that time were not really interesting for me.  But like I said, I wanted to do a current movie review.  So that is why I picked My Amnesia Girl.  It is one way of supporting the Philippine movie industry. 

When the trailer of this movie came out, people responded negatively to it.  A lot of people said, including me that it was a carbon copy of the Hollywood movie 50 First Dates.  When you watch both trailers, you will really be convinced that these 2 movies are the same.  This is maybe the reason why moviegoers chose to skip this movie. 

The tandem of Toni Gonzaga and John Lloyd Cruz was new.  Which put a light to the movie.  I do not really associate Toni Gonzaga with acting, I associate her with hosting.  But after seeing this film, I can now say that she can act.  John Lloyd Cruz on the other hand has no problems with acting. 

The story line presented in the trailer was different from the story line of the movie which was actually a really good twist.  The story line was nice but it could have been showed better.  But, there were some dull scenes in the movie.  And we all know how Filipino directors like putting dragging scenes, which really annoys me. 

Overall, the movie was not that bad the way I thought it would be.  It was a normal romantic comedy movie.  If it did not star Toni Gonzaga and John Lloyd Cruz, I do not think it will be something that moviegoers will watch.  Like I said, it is a simple and chill movie. 

It is not worth seeing in a movie house.  Buying the DVD would have been better.

my letter grade for this movie
C+

No comments:

Post a Comment