Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


My first movie review would be on the 7th installment of the Harry Potter series.  First of all, I am not a big fan of the Harry Potter series.  But I have read all 7 books, and I always look forward to the movie version.  But for this 7th installment, I was not as excited as I used to be.  One factor to the lack of excitement is that the book was released in 2007, and the movie version came out just this year 2010.  Another factor is that they made this last installment into 2 parts.  

When I entered the cinema, I had a lot of expectations.  I really expected the movie to be mind blowing and I thought that I would leave the cinema with satisfaction.  Unfortunately, I did not find the movie great.  But don't get me wrong, it is a good movie.  Not just the way I thought a final installment would be made.  Maybe they made it the way it is so that people would look forward to the 2nd part which would be released next year.  But that is not the case for me.  Although I do understand why there is a need for 2 parts for this last installment.  The book is just too long to force all the important events in a 3 hour showing.

For me, the book is better than the movie.  I would suggest people who plan to watch this movie to read the book instead.  People who plan to watch this and have not read the book will have a hard time following the story.  A lot has been left out by the movie, and some scenes have been added.  I think that the movie failed to justify the book.  Well, it never does.  But if we speak of its effects, there is no doubt that they aced it again.

I do not want to go into the details of the movie because not everyone could relate to the story and i might just spoil it for some.  But overall I think that it is not a waste of time and money, but they could have done a better job because this is the final installment.

my letter grade for this movie
B



No comments:

Post a Comment