Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nick's Pictures

I really enjoyed this week's assignment to go and take pictures of what we found fun. I ended up taking my camera around and taking a ton of pictures, most of which I didn't really find that compelling to share. In the end, I chose four pictures. Two from a skating session I had with my brother, and two from a friend's party at Bugsy's Makati. These pictures stuck out for me because it captured what I truly enjoy and find fun. Hope you like them! Check em out!

I have been skating for nearly a decade now, not that I'm any good. I just enjoy the freedom of expression it has. It's not about defacing public property or being a rebel, it's simply an outlet. Much like any other sport. The thing I love about skateboarding, is that even if you can't land any tricks, as long as you have style it's all good. It's really more of an art-form for me, the way people approach obstacles or different roads brings a definite originality to that persons skating style. My younger brother, is someone who I have always admired for his flare and style on a board. (Taken using Nikon D300s)

CROSS STEP ACTION. WOO!!!
HE WAS GOING PRETTY FAST, WHICH IS WHY HE WAS KEEPING LOW.
Friends are a huge part of my life. I honestly believe that who I am, is the collective effort of my friends and family. So I love getting together with my friends for inuman. Especially when it's open bar! For some reason, the alcohol tastes so much better! Haha! Add to that, a birthday party that has some sort of dessert and that's a perfect night out. These pictures are from a night just like that. Free drinks + cupcakes + good friends = AWESOME!!! (Taken using Canon G11)

FIGURING OUT HOW TO RATION HER CUPCAKE. IT'S HARD WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK.
DOUBLE FISTING JACK N' COKE! PARTY TIME!!!
 I fixed the colors of the pictures on photoshop. I just enjoy fixing the colors to look almost Lomo-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment