Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Homeless World Cup By Justin Chua


First of all I am very proud with the organizers of this event because it really shows how we Filipinos wants to generously help each other but I’m not talking about just Filipinos but also the countries that have joined this spectacular event. Something striking about this club is that its aim is to cure poverty not only here but also in other countries. Knowing that the Philippines is one of the most countries with high level of poverty and yet this club has a very big dream of curing this “disease”. I wasn’t really in that talk during class but according to my research that there are qualifications on joining this team and not just anybody who knows how to play football can play. According to my research you must be aged 16 and above and must be HOMELESS, ENTERING DRUG REHAB or simply have a work of a paper boy. These qualifications seems weird for a football club that is trying to compete internationally but it just proves to show that this organization just wants to give every people a chance to show what they can do and most importantly help these players change their lives drastically. For me this club is very impressing even though I don’t really understand football but the fact that they want to help people is very touching and that in the future if I have gained a certain amount of wealth I might want to help our national team somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment